Friday, July 25, 2008

~Hard Hit in Bago~

It's been quite a sad week here in Bago. On Monday we found out that Mike Mitchell and Kyle Mitchell died in a terrible farming accident. I worked for Jan Mitchell the wife and mother of these two men. Jeremy, Justin and Jamie remember Teresa Adam and Amanda Smallwood, well this was Teresa's cousin. Greg & Stephanie Kielback's uncle.....The Mitchell's are a very large family here in this little town and well known.
Jordan and I went to the visitation today. We got in line at 3:20 and walked out from the visitation at 6:05. The family was pretty amazing. You can tell they are a very close family. They all pulled together finding pictures of Mike and Kyle and the family being together. John the oldest of the Mitchell boys said to me.....remember that sign in the band room that reads: ~Don't sweat the small stuff~and~it's all small stuff, I've been trying to think of that all this week.
I don't think losing a Dad and a brother on the same day is small stuff. But he was trying to find a place for that in his life right now. Kyle was about to be engaged. He had just bought his girlfriend a diamond ring. AND when they found Kyle in the manure pit he was holding his Dad in his arms. Jan the Mom said to me Give your Kids lots of hugs and your husbands.....life is too unpredictable. I love each one of you very much. We pray for each one of you by name in our prayers. Please know of our love for you. MOM/Donna/Grandma/Nana

1 comment:

Haylee said...

Wow... that would be SO hard! We've been keeping them in our prayers and I hope that they can find peace in this trial. Sigh... I can't imagine.